This has been a great week physically for me. I ran more miles this week than I have in a long time and I have had my longest run to date since high school.
- Total Run - about 23 miles this week. (It was a walk/run combo. Walked about 3 of these miles.)
- Longest Run - 5.75 miles. (This run felt really really good. it was one of those where I just wanted to keep running but I needed to get home.)
- Eating - I ate pretty good this week. I am not going gunz blazin' on never eating another "bad" food again. I will still have a slice of pizza at this point, just not 6 of them. However, I really didn't make poor food choices this week. Instead of snacking on garbage I chose healthy snacks: carrots, fruit, almonds, etc.
- Drinking - I drank a lot of water this week. A LOT! The only downside to drinking that much water is the amount of time I spend in the bathroom. ( I know, TMI). However, it keeps me feeling full and hydrated for the amount of running I have been doing. I am really trying to eliminate pop and sugar drinks. Also, due to some dietary issues, eliminating pop helps me to feel a lot better throughout the day.
- Still been doing my Youversion reading plans and they have been going well. However, I think they may be a little to short. I don't feel I am really challenging myself as far as what I am reading and should probably step it up.
- Prayer is an area I am really learning in. It is difficult for me to grasp the concept that I am not just talking AT God, but communicating with God. I am really trying to learn to listen more than I talk.
- Been getting better at writing things down as soon as I hear them. Whether it be telling my iPhone to remind me to do things or putting them in my iCal.
- I really am trying to think differently. Have a different outlook. I have to admit that exercising and trying to grow myself spiritually is helping with my thinking. It is amazing how all these areas are tied together.
Hope you all had a great week. Please leave a comment with how your 2012 is going so far!