Friday, January 27, 2012

Ice Camp

This last weekend we took some students to ice camp! (It may have been the only weekend with snow in January so it worked out well).  We had a really great time.  There is something about sipping hot chocolate next to the fire at the lodge that you can't help but love.  However, the camp had a theme, and this year the theme was weird.  Simply being weird.  I know it sounds weird to be weird, right?  First let me define the term weird: 

adjective
1.  Involving or suggesting the supernatural; unearthly or uncanny.
2.  fantastic; bizarre.

Now, I needed to define that term because what I am about to say next would get me in trouble.  When I met my wife, Mickey, I was attracted to her because she was weird.  She was fantastic.  She was unlike any other woman I had ever met.  There was just something different about her that was so magnetic.  And not just for people people seemed to flock to her.  She never had a shortage of friends, people to talk to, or opportunities.  In fact Im convinced that most people only stand me so they can be around my wife.  Why is it we try to be like everyone else?  When we are like everyone else we are not always the person we were created to be.  I want people to look at me and say, "There is something kinda different about that guy."  So BE WEIRD!  It's ok.  It is what people will remember.  Here is a video of our Ice Camp, check it out!






1 comment:

  1. :).... I would be your friend, with or without Mickey. BUT.... I do love her, AND she is weird. But I like it :)ANd I loved Ice Camp

    ReplyDelete