Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Goals for 2012

A NEW YEAR!!!!


Well, it is a new year!  With that comes all kinds of excitement and anticipation.  We ask ourselves all sorts of questions like, "How am I going to change this year?  I want to make a difference, how do I do that?  How do I lose 20 lbs this year?" and I ask those same questions to myself.  So....I want to lay down some of my goals for this year!



Goals


1.  Fitness:  Lose 20 lbs this year.
     I am going to surround myself with some people that will help keep me accountable and motivate me.  I plan on using some apps to log my exercise and food intake (runkeeper & myfitnesspal).  I am going to try to workout 45 minutes for 4 days a week and eat smaller portions.  


2.  Spiritual:  Bible Reading/Silent Time
     I want to go through 2 different Bible reading plans this year that are found on Youversion.com (for more info email me or see the resource table at church):  Life Application Study Bible Devotion and Parenting by Design Daily Devotional.  Also, I need some silent time.  So many of my days are filled with noise, interruptions, and lack of communication with God.  This year I will take 1 day a quarter, go somewhere quiet, and pray, collect thoughts, and think about things to accomplish.  I know this sounds trite, but this is something I need to do.



3.  Mental:  Organize/Read
     I need to organize better.  Put systems into place that help me accomplish the things I need to accomplish.  This one is basic.  I will use a basic calendar app and my phone to remind me to do things, regardless of what I "want" to do sometimes.  Also I want to read 12 books this year


No comments:

Post a Comment