Wednesday, April 25, 2012

The Pain of Loss

I need to be honest and let you know these thoughts are not my thoughts.  I got the from Life Church as as was doing some research and study on pain and loss.  I am studying this because I lost a friend this week.  He was young and it seemed to early, but as I study this stuff God is helping me.  Please read and allow this to help you too.



For I am about to fall, and my pain is ever with me. Psalm 38:17

COMMON RESPONSES TO LOSS

1)    SOME IGNORE THE PAIN.

2)    SOME BLAME OTHERS.

3)    SOME WITHDRAW.

HEALING FROM LOSS

1) INSTEAD OF IGNORING, I WILL FACE IT HONESTLY.
David noticed that his servants were whispering among themselves and he realized the child was dead. ‘Is the child dead?’ he asked. ‘Yes,’ they replied, ‘he is dead.’  2 Samuel 12:19

NAME THE LOSS: __________________________________________________________________________________________________________

2) INSTEAD OF BLAMING, I WILL TRUST GOD.
Then David got up from the ground. After he had washed, put on lotions and changed his clothes, he went into the house of the LORD and worshiped. 2 Samuel 12:20

Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight.  Proverbs 3:5-6

3) INSTEAD OF WITHDRAWING, I WILL SHARE MY PAIN.
Then David comforted his wife Bathsheba 2 Samuel 12:24

Carry each other's burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ. Galatians 6:2


But whatever was to my profit I now consider loss for the sake of Christ.  What is more, I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them rubbish, that I may gain Christ. Philippians 3:7-8

Pain is inevitable.  We will always have to deal with pain, or at least we should.  Please do not choose to just suppress and ignore because that only leaves to more pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment